New Thoughts...
Just got back from lunch, and feeling very sleepy. *Yawnz* Been drifting off to sleep the whole morning lol.. Shh!!! Don't tell anyone.
I have a project coming soon, but don't know when it will start. Till then I'll probably have nothing to do. This is the point about big companies. Each employee has his own assigned area, and when there is no work related to his job, he just slacks. On the other hand, for a company with lesser employees, each employee would be asked to help out in other areas when they are free to lighten everyone's workload.
Ask me if it is worth it to keep dedicated staff like those in a large corporation? I think the answer is yes and no. Yes, because when there is a need for that particular person (eg. an unexpected error in some program.), that person will be there to respond immediately, instead of having to wait for another person who might be busy with something else to solve this problem. Or when a new project comes up, that person will be ready to start working on it instead of that project having to queue up. Also, this way allows for more dedicated and experience employees.
The answer no is just because it's a waste of money keeping an employee around doing nothing.
Well, who cares anyways, let HR decide. :D
The past week was still rather uneventful, little work, lots of slacking, learned a few things from my colleagues though. What one of them said was quite true, I should talk to the other people in the office to learn what they do and learn more about the infrastructure of the company, how the departments interact with each other and why things are what they are. He said there were lots of why questions to be asked. I find that to be quite true.
I feel coming here and learning about web programming is just a small part of the learning that can be found here. What I really am here to learn is how the company works and get exposed to the working environment. Being someone that have never worked before, this is a very different experience from school. So although I may not have any assignments here, there are still many things that I can learn by not doing any work. Thanks to my colleague for opening up this avenue of thought for me. A pity that he will be leaving the company tomorrow, I would have been able to learn much more from him. I wish him well on his journeys and endeavors.
Also congratulations to the Lions for winning the Tiger Cup and making us a proud country. I hope that they will continue to improve and make the Singapore soccer team a force to be reckoned with.
I have a project coming soon, but don't know when it will start. Till then I'll probably have nothing to do. This is the point about big companies. Each employee has his own assigned area, and when there is no work related to his job, he just slacks. On the other hand, for a company with lesser employees, each employee would be asked to help out in other areas when they are free to lighten everyone's workload.
Ask me if it is worth it to keep dedicated staff like those in a large corporation? I think the answer is yes and no. Yes, because when there is a need for that particular person (eg. an unexpected error in some program.), that person will be there to respond immediately, instead of having to wait for another person who might be busy with something else to solve this problem. Or when a new project comes up, that person will be ready to start working on it instead of that project having to queue up. Also, this way allows for more dedicated and experience employees.
The answer no is just because it's a waste of money keeping an employee around doing nothing.
Well, who cares anyways, let HR decide. :D
The past week was still rather uneventful, little work, lots of slacking, learned a few things from my colleagues though. What one of them said was quite true, I should talk to the other people in the office to learn what they do and learn more about the infrastructure of the company, how the departments interact with each other and why things are what they are. He said there were lots of why questions to be asked. I find that to be quite true.
I feel coming here and learning about web programming is just a small part of the learning that can be found here. What I really am here to learn is how the company works and get exposed to the working environment. Being someone that have never worked before, this is a very different experience from school. So although I may not have any assignments here, there are still many things that I can learn by not doing any work. Thanks to my colleague for opening up this avenue of thought for me. A pity that he will be leaving the company tomorrow, I would have been able to learn much more from him. I wish him well on his journeys and endeavors.
Also congratulations to the Lions for winning the Tiger Cup and making us a proud country. I hope that they will continue to improve and make the Singapore soccer team a force to be reckoned with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home